Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Re-Educated

I am sitting in the hallway outside my youngest son's kindergarten classroom.
Ah, the joys of being a mother. I don't mind it. It's what I signed up for. In all my life, I've never felt more empowered than I do being a mother. The things we mothers do! We are practically every occupation in the world all rolled up into one! We are construction workers, (building blocks, forts, rocket ships to the moon!); artists, (let's face it- kids are crafty! Between the play dough and the paint, they want to experience it all in full color!); musicians, (Singing lullabies and nursery rhymes, playing homemade instruments, sharing our own musical talents through story, song and play!); chefs, (coming up with new recipes to please even the pickiest of eaters-practically a full time job itself!); chauffeur, (between dance class, school, library trips, Cubs, swimming lessons, church activities, play dates, and the inevitable trips to doctors appointments, dentist appointments, and the 'hopefully rare' hospital trips, *deep breath* you get the idea. ); After all of that...and more! - how can anyone possibly say, "a stay-at-home mom doesn't do anything all day"?!?

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment